Monday, February 8, 2016

What a great week! And the best part is transfers have come and I am going to stay here! The crazy thing is the Elder Wilkins is getting transferred. This is his first area and he has only been here for a couple of months so him leaving was definitely unexpected. I am going to miss him for sure. I have loved learning from and serving with him.

We were able to get new investigator this week named Al. We talked to his sister while she was sitting outside and she said we could come back. When we came back she wasn't too interested but her brother who is living with her was. He had actually been taught by missionaries a couple of years ago. He said that they would always bring him donuts though.... So we can't compete with that!! Hopefully being spiritually fed will be good enough for him. He said he was going to make it to church but when the ride called him he said he was sick. Thats alright we will keep working with him.

On Sunday Julia and her dad came to church today. We taught her about Lehi’s dream and showed her the picture that goes with it; the one with the iron rod and the tree and the building. Well after the lesson she pulled that picture up online and drew it, she put it on social media and a lot of her friends were asking her about it. So she told them what it was and explained it! She is awesome! A couple of her friends want to know more so hopefully this week we can meet with them.

Life out here is great and I am happy to be staying in the 6th ward. I love the people here. They are missionary minded and really help us feel like family. I love being a missionary. What a blessing! I have changed in so many ways that I could never thank my Heavenly Father enough. I know if we do the things he asks us to, we will be happy and we will be able to fulfill our potential. It's interesting isn't it, once we decide we actually don't know better than God and do what he asks, we receive so many blessings and are truly happy. He loves all of us so much, I know that to be true. All he asks is that we follow him. Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment