Monday, April 11, 2016

Well it looks as though winter has struck Pittsburgh again! We got a couple inches of snow the other day... It was kind of sad looking at all of the blossoming trees with all this snow on them... But hey eventually it has to stay warm right? This week I was able to work hard with my new companion Elder Slade! He is awesome and he has a great desire to serve. It has been great going out and working hard every day! We had a zone training this week on finding new investigators and one thing we really emphasized is the effort of talking with everyone. We were out trying to get in contact with a couple of people and there was someone walking on the other side of the street with those big old headphones on jamming out. Well we decided we would just go for it and see if we could talk to him and he was actually interested and willing to talk to us. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and we even got a time to go back and teach him! So that was a really cool experience. Sunday we had another great lesson with Julia! She is so excited and after our lesson the member we had come with us said, "I have never met someone so prepared for the gospel before." And that is so true. We had a lesson on temples and doing family history work. President Hoggard who was with us has one of the most powerful testimonies of the temple. He lost his wife about 10 years ago to cancer. So when he bore his testimony of the temple the spirit just filled the room. Julia is excited to start working towards it! After Brother Olson, her dad bore an amazing testimony to Julia of this church and of Thomas S Monson. It was a rare experience. We are so excited for her baptism and to see her able to enter into those covenants. I am just so blessed that Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of this experience.
I am loving Pennsylvania so much. After being here for 19 months it is a home to me. I love the green, the humidity, the cold, the crazy roads that have no rhyme or reason, everything! I truly know that we get sent to where we are supposed to serve. If I was asked if I could go back and have my mission anywhere in the world, I would choose right where I am at. I am grateful for the people out here. They have truly changed who I am. The Gospel is true and I am grateful for the happiness it brings to me! Thanks for all of the support! Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment