Monday, August 8, 2016

Well this was a great first week in Altoona. It is weird not being in Pittsburgh, but I know that this is where I need to be right now and I have loved Altoona so far. I have gotten to know a lot of the ward already and they are great people and have made me feel very welcome. My new companion is Elder Kap. He is from Syracuse Ut. and has been out for about a year now. We served in the city of York together about a year ago! We were in different areas but the same city. He is awesome and we get along great. 
                                          
This week we were able to have some great experiences. We were invited to do a presentation about the LDS faith in a Presbyterian care center. There were a lot of residents and workers who were there. It was such a cool experience. We went up there in front of a crowd of people and were able to testify of Joseph Smith and of the Restoration. Some people had questions and objected what we said. We just put it all on the Book of Mormon and it being the keystone of our religion. The spirit was really strong and some of the workers asked us afterwards if we had a Book of Mormon that we could give them. It was a pretty awesome experience.


We were able to teach a lot of great people in this area this week as well. I am excited to be here in Altoona and to work as hard as I can for the rest of my mission. I know this is the Lord's work and I love being a part of it. I love Pennsylvania and know this is where I need to be out of any other place in the whole world. Thank you for all of the support!


No comments:

Post a Comment