Monday, January 26, 2015

This has been a great week! We took Elder Belk to the Airport on Wednesday! That was pretty weird taking him to the airport ourselves. Now it is just Elder Watts and I... Until next week at least until I get a new companion. This transfer has been so weird. I hope that things will start to be a little more normal once I get my new companion!
On Wednesday we had a Zone Training on Finding. Afterwards Elder Watts and I decided to go visit some Former investigators to try and find new people to teach. We saw one name in our area book that really stuck out to us and we decided to go visit him. When we put it in our GPS we realized that it was a pretty long dricve away so we decided to do it another day. But we kept feeling like we really needed to go visit him so we decided that we were just going to do it. When we got there we knocked on the door and answered the door. We asked if his name was Chris and he just stared at us with a weird look on his face and he invited us inside. 
Once we got inside he looked at us and said that missionaries always seem to show up in his life when he needs it the most. He said he could make a book of all the times that he was praying for help and the missionaries always showed up. I was so pumped when he said that! God was directly answering his prayers everytime by sending missionaries and I think that he is starting to realize that now. His wife came into the room to and she stayed for the lesson. They said how they wanted to do things together and they said that they were going to start reading the Book of Mormon together. I was so excited!!! I have the strongest testimony of the Holy Ghost and that Heavenly Father has prepared people for us to teach. It is so cool to me that we were prompted to see someone and when we did, it was exactly what he needed at that time!
We also taught Thomas Sayers. He is an investigator and he hasn't really been progressig lately. But this lesson we read 2 Nephi 31 with him and he started to just talk about his life and how hard it was growing up and all the trial that he went through. It really meant a lot to me that he told us the things that he did and the things that he is stuggling with. Elder Watts gave him a blessing and we told him that if he ever needed anything to give us a call. That night we got a call from him saying that he had thrown away all of his cigarettes and his Cigars! That was a huge miracle!!
On Saturday we taught Paloma our Spanish Investigator. Unfortunately I think my spanish got worse since our last visit so I didn't understand anything... But towards the end of the lesson, a member that was there with us to help us teach, turned to me and said that Paloma wanted to hear my testimony. So I bore my testimony to hear in English. I tried my best to express to her my love for this church and especially Jesus Christ. After she said something to Sister Murphey and she said that Paloma said thank you for my testimony. She said that it really meant a lot to her and she could tell that I was sincere about it. I thought that was really cool. I don't know how much she understood of what I said, but the Spirit was able to touch her as I was bearing my testimony. I am so grateful to be a missionary. i wouldn't change it for anything in the world.
Elder May 

No comments:

Post a Comment