Monday, January 26, 2015

This has been another great week out here in Wheeling!! The snow is coming down like crazy! I don't even know if we will be able to get any pie today... Mortality is so hard sometimes...haha. 
So I got a call from President Johnson yesterday and he said that I will be training and that I am going to be District Leader. I am pretty excited! I am so excited to be able to go out and work our hardest every single day and to wait and see the miracles that can and will happen as we do so!
On Tuesday we decided to see a lady named Lequetta. We had tried her a bunch of different times and nothing ever worked. So we decided that this would be our last time trying. We knocked on the door and she said that right now wasn't a very good time. But then she paused and said that it was never a good time so that she might as well let us in! It was super cool to see! I think that the Holy Ghost was working on her and helped her decide to let us in. She didn't have much time so we taught her a little about the Book of Mormon. She said that she was really excited to read it. She said her Brother is a member and that he was really happy and she noticed that in him. It is amazing to see how the last time we were going to try her  was the time that she let us in. I know that isn't a coincidence. 
We were also able to teach Thomas this week. We were asking him how smoking was going and then he pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. Then Elder Watts held out his hand and was like "Give them to me." Thomas was really torn for a second, but then he gave them to Elder Watts. It was funny how fast Elder Watts took those things. It definitely looked like he had done that before.
Today I will be helping Elder Watts pack. I'll be getting rid of my third companion this transfer. I am excited that next transfer will be less crazy and that we will be able to really focus on the work and give the Lord everything that we have. I know that Christ lives and that he loves us. I have seen his hand guiding us so many times out here and I am so grateful for that. I know that if we give everything to the Lord, he can make us into what he wants us to be, and that is way better then we could ever do on our own. 

Elder May
Elder May and Elder Belk

Elder May and Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment