Monday, January 5, 2015

Man this has been the weirdest week on my mission for sure! It was so weird to be inside cleaning all day instead of being outside working! As much as I love cleaning, it was hard doing that all day long. But when we finally got out after scrubbing toilets all day, it felt that much better to be doing missionary work. And despite the limited time we did have to work, we were able to teach a pretty good amount of lessons which was a huge blessing! 

So while we were cleaning on Tuesday, I got a call from my mission president. He called me and told me where I am going! So I will be serving in Wheeling, West Virginia! I will be going there tonight! So I am leaving the good old state of PA. I am really going to miss being in Pittsburgh, it is such a beautiful place. Every time I pas Heinz Field, I think of Jeff and how jealous he would be. And that was always nice haha. But I am excited for my new area. It will be an opportunity for me to learn and grow and rely on the savior more then I ever have. 

I will actually be serving in a trio when I get there. I will be serving with Elder Watts and Elder Belk. Elder Belk will be going home 1 week from today so I wont be with him for too long. And then Elder Watts is going to be going home at the end of the Transfer in 3 weeks! So In 3 weeks I will need to learn the whole area and be able to help my new companion out when he gets there. It will be really tough but I know that heavenly Father will strengthen me. Even though I wouldn't be able to do it on my own, I know that I can with his help.

On Saturday ward members came and helped us move all of the furniture out and helped us deep clean the place. I didn't know that there were so many things to clean. And just so you know, if you ever have to clean an oven, it is not as fun as you would think. I am sooo grateful that Elder Taylor was kind enough to let me do that haha. But by about 2:00 we had nothing left in our apartment. So we have been sleeping and eating and studying on the floor. I feel like a little homeless guy! No bed, no tables, no couches, no car.... Haha I cannot describe how happy I will be to be able to ride in a car again! I have had to resist stealing this little kids scooter on multiple occasions.

Sunday was the best/hardest day for sure. We went and said goodbye to all of the members and all of our awesome investigators. I never thought it could possibly be this hard to leave the people I have met. But I love them so much! We said goodbye to the Clark family and before we left, we had a little testimony meeting. The spirit was so strong and before we left they kept saying how much they loved Elder Taylor and I and how grateful they were to have met us. And I feel exaclty the same way. I know that the Lord has prepared them and I just hope that I can go back for their baptisms.

After that we had dinner with the Kronk family. That was probably the hardest goodbye. They have honestly been my family out here. They are so funny and such great examples to me. They were definitely the hardest to say good bye to. Mom and Dad, when I come home we have to come back so I can show you and have you meet everyone. 

I know that this church is true and I am grateful for every experience I have had out here. My testimony has grown so much and I am so grateful for that. Wish me luck out in West Virginia! 

Elder May
Our sleeping arrangements


Bro. Rossignoli and Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment