Monday, December 29, 2014

Man this week has been an amazing week!! Being able to talk to the family was definitely the Highlight! I only shed a couple of tears so that was pretty good haha. I am glad that all of you had a great Christmas! It was a super special one for me being able to spend it out here on the mission. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ! Because of him we can have happiness and hope in this life and I am so grateful for that.

So on Christmas we went to the Israelsens family. That was super fun. There were 4 other families there as well and that was super fun because they were all really young families and it was super fun being with them all day. After I got done calling, I went down stairs and I heard one of the little kids yell, "He is coming!!" I was kind of confused but as I turned the corner I saw that about 10 people were waiting for me with some pretty intense nerf guns! I tried to hide behind this little kid that was about 3 years old but he wasn't the best shield... I got shot pretty good haha. It was pretty funny. After we played ping pong on this tiny table with tiny paddles. We had a tournament and in the first round I beat this Japanese lady so I was feeling pretty good. But in the next round I lost to Brother Israesen... I was sticking with him pretty well but halfway through he turned his hat around backwards... And I didn't stand a chance after that haha.

On Saturday we were able to teach the whole entire Clark family!! It was so awesome. Lamont, Sonja and Lester were all there. It made a huge difference teaching with Lester there. We talked about baptism and they said that whatever they did, they wanted to make sure that they did it as a family! That was really cool because Elder Taylor and I were going to invite them to do everything as a family. I ended up giving them the Book of Mormon that you sent me with all of your testimonies written in it. It was so cool because I was able to testify of how the Gospel has blessed our family so much! And they will be able to read your testimonies as well and I know that they will be able to feel of the spirit as they do so. 

So on Sunday we got a text from our mission President asking if he could meet with us before church. When we met with him he told us that I was going to be transferred out of the area when Elder Taylor goes home next week. That was super surprising news. I thought I was  going to be here for a lot longer since this is my first area. I am going to miss all the people that I have been able to meet. This part of Pittsburgh has really felt like home to me. They are going to be closing down our apartment so this next week we will have to be preparing it to be given back to the land lord. So that will be a huge project. My last week I wish I could be teaching instead of cleaning an apartment and getting rid of all the furniture and everything. But I know that it will all work out. 

The hard part for me is leaving my investigators. The missionaries that are replacing us are going to be working in the mission office all of the time and they won't even be living in our area. So I guess the sisters will be teaching them. I just hope that everything works out and nothing stops them from progressing. The Clark family and Craig are really coming a long right now and they have that desire to find the truth. But I read a scripture in D&C a while ago that I keep turning back to. It is D&C 123:17. that scripture has really helped me out and I know if that I have the faith, it will all work out.

I am so grateful for the mission. I KNOW that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he loves each of us more then we could ever imagine. I have been thinking about how Jesus Christ was chosen in the Pre-Earth life to be our savior. He was chosen and he said he would give ALL of the glory to the Father. If he didn't get any glory, or fame then why did he do it? Why did he choose to come to earth and choose to suffer more then we could imagine and eventually die for us? It was all because Jesus Christ is our brother and he loves us. That is why he did what he did. I hope that all of us will stive to be more kind and show that love to others. I am so grateful for the examples that you all are!

Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment