Tuesday, December 16, 2014

This has been a great week out here in Pittsburgh! I am not getting transferred either! I am going to be with Elder Taylor until he leaves in 3 weeks. I don't know what will happen then, but that doesn't matter. I am so grateful I get to stay in this awesome ward for christmas!  I think that the Lord is holding off on the snow until we get our car back haha. Well that's what I like to think at least! Today it is like 50 degrees! I'm not even wearing a jacket or anything! It has been awesome! And even when it is cold, we are walking up hills the size of Everest so we keep warm that way!

On Tuesday we walked to see our investigators that lived the furthest away. Once we got up there, we knocked on their doors, and they weren't home. It is hard because they never answer the phone so we have to try to catch them at home, and we don't have the best of luck. But it is okay, I know that if we  have the faith, it doesn't matter, all will work out. A huge miracle occurred! As we were waking back from one of our investigators house, we saw Neicey again! She is the one who came to the Halloween Party and loved everything about the church but we could never get in contact with her again. It was so crazy running into her because she was super far away form her house as well. She was so happy to see us and she kept saying how Whenever she is going through a hard time, we just seem to show up. We were able to pray with her and she said that she wanted us to keep in touch. That was a huge miracle and even though we weren't able to see any of our investigators, we were out there for a reason. It was awesome! And the miracles just kept coming after that. Before we began the long trek home to complete our 14 mile journey, we found a soda machine that sold soda's for 50 cents! I couldn't believe it! So many miracles haha.

On Thursday we were able to teach Sonja again! It was another awesome, spiritual lesson. We read 3 Nephi 11 with her and the spirit was awesome. We invited her and her family to be baptized. She said that she would pray about it and see. I want to be able to teach there whole family. We can never get them all there at the same time is the only problem. I know that they are prepared and teaching them as a family is what is going to help them progress. We will have to figure something out there! 

On Friday we were walking and we saw a former investigator that we have talked to a couple of times, changing his breaks. So we asked if we could help. It was pretty fun I thought changing breaks again. He was changing the back breaks though and that was a little tricky. But we figured it out after a while and he was super grateful for the help. He had been working on them for 4 days and he said that he wouldn't have been able to do it without our help. So far I have changed a ladies tire, and helped change breaks. So obviously all of my car problems back home were just preparing me for the mission! It was so funny, last week we were on a team up with a member and his car wouldn't start. It felt just like the good old ddays. The best part was that his door didn't open from the outside, so I had to reach over and open it for him, Just like my car. I loved it! So many good memories!

On Sunday we had a Stake Christmas Concert. Elder Taylor and I went up to sing the one song we knew, but after that everyone else stayed up and they started singing  a bunch of songs that we had never even heard before. So we kind of just stood up there and pretended like we knew what we were doing. It was pretty fun.

Well I just want all of you to know that I am loving it out here so much. I know everyone says this, but I love the people so much. I love everything about Pittsburgh and I know that this is where I am supposed to be serving. So if I don't come home in a couple of years, It is because I love it out here to much haha. Just kidding mom I'll come home!  But I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Nothing has brought me as much comfort and peace and happiness and hope as the knowledge of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and his church. I love you all. Have a great week.

Elder May

 
Elder Taylor and Elder May

Elder May holding a dead raccoon

Missionaries in the area

No comments:

Post a Comment