Monday, May 18, 2015

Hey everyone! This has been another great week! I have some great news, I caught a fish last p-day!! Finally after like a month of trying I finally got it. It wasn't the biggest, but that is okay. I am just trying to save the big fish for other people to catch.
On Tuesday I was able to go on Exchanges with Elder Miller. He is one of the coolest guys ever (even though he is from Canada). We were able to talk to so many people on the streets, it was great. We had a lesson with our investigator Reggie and at the end when he said he prayer, he started to cry. He said that he knew that Heavenly Father heard his prayer. I know that Heavenly Father did and it is amazing when others can truly recognize that love He has for them.
Friday we picked up a new investigator on the way up to check the mail. She is our neighbor and is Super awesome. We talked about what we do as missionaries and she couldn't believe that we would do that. She then asked us what we believed in anyway. Well that was like the best question ever! We were more then happy to fill her in. We taught her the restoration and she is SO excited to read the Book of Mormon. She kept saying she felt something the whole time we were there. The spirit is so important in everything we do. If they can just feel that, that is when conversion WILL take place!
Friday we had a dinner apointment and there were a bunch of kids there. We got to play tag and Duck, Duck Goose. I was pretty rusty on those skills for sure. But it was a blast. On Saturday we had a ward party at Brother and Sister Lawsons house. We had an awesome turn out, the only problem was it poured rain the whole entire time! Their house wasn't big enough for everyone there and they only had a couple of canopy's up outside. So Elder Hoyt and I stood outside eating our soggy chips in the rain! It was awesome. There wasn't one dry spot on me! Sunday on the Less active people we have been working with came to church for the first time in years!! That was awesome. His name is Carl White and one of our lessons with him that week he even shined my shoes for me! He was in the military so he got them looking pretty nice.
Well I hope everyone has a great week. This church is true, I know it! It is so important that we hold onto the faith we have and never let it go. And because we have faith, what are we going to do to show our faith. Love you all.
Elder May
Elder May and his fish named Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment