Monday, May 4, 2015

This has been such an amazing week!! We were able to be apart of so many miracles!! April was a harder month for both us and the sister missionaries (which is okay, hard times are when we get to rely on the Lord more then we ever have before) so our ward decided to do a 40 day fast for missionary work! It has been crazy, as soon as the fast has started we have been able to find 3 new investigators, and we found two of them yesterday! I love being able to see the Lord's hand blessing this ward and this area. I know that just showing the faith that we have and the going out and acting on that faith brings miracles! Faith is a real power and when we put our faith in the Savior we have no need to fear! Everything will work out the way he wants. And hey, I don't know about you, but that is good enough for me!
On Wednesday I got a call from President Johnson asking me if I would come to MLC the next day in Pittsburgh. That was a random call but I was super excited. Elder Baker and I went on a companion exchange that day so we could go up to Pittsburgh for the meeting. It was one of the best days ever! President Donaldson for The District 2 was the one giving the training a long with Brother Gonzalez. It went all day long but I learned so much. I learned that I have sooooo much I need to work on as a missionary. I was a little overwhelmed at first but I know that Heavenly Father doesn't expect me to be perfect right away. All he asks for is progress. I love going up to Pittsburgh because I get to be in my first area the whole time. It was so awesome.
Also on Wednesday we got a text from our Investigator Paloma saying that she was in the Hospital. She is the one who speaks mostly all spanish. We had thought she had moved to Nebraska but apparently she moved back because she needed to be in the Hospital. We were able to go up there and talk to her for a while and then give her a blessing. I love the spirit that comes as we are able to use the Priesthood. I have been able to give lots of blessings out here and it is really humbling to be able to help these people with the power that Heavenly Father has given us.
Sunday was amazing. We were able to give another blessing to a member of our ward. After the blessing we asked if there was anything else we could do for them. As we asked she looked in the corner and she yelled BEE! Apparently she is really scared of them so I took my shoe off and was chasing it down trying to kill it. It was a pretty agile bee though and it took a while, but eventually I was able to kill it. We told her that if she ever found another Bee in her apartment to let us know and we would come kill it as fast as we could.
We also we able to have an amazing lesson with Dorothy. We talked to her on the street and she said that we could come back sometime. We went back yesterday and we were able to talk to her on her porch. The spirit was really strong as we testified of Christ. One of the best parts was she was the one sharing her testimony most of the time. She is such an amazing good hearted person. I know that as she reads and prays about the Book of Mormon she will receive her answer. I know she will. I am so grateful to be here in Wheeling WV, at this time. It is such a beautiful place. I love being a missionary. I have learned so much and I would never trade these experiences for anything else in the world. Jesus Christ lives and he is our Savior. If you ever are going through anything, have faith, it will all be okay. I hope you all have a great week.
Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment