Monday, July 20, 2015

This has been another great week! We continue to work hard and see all of the blessings that come from it! We have been teaching and talking to our 10 year old investigator Kilos a lot. He is so awesome! We talked to him about Joseph Smith and he had a lot of questions. He has such an awesome spirit about him. He will go around with us talking and teaching people, he is super cool. On Saturday when we were talking to him it started raining pretty hard. He had a soccer ball so we played some soccer with him for a little bit outside. We got soaked but it was super fun. Kilos thought that Elder Liston and I were some next level soccer players haha. I guess when we play with a 10 year old we can actually hold our own but that is about it.;) We talked to Kilos' parents to see if he could come to church again but they said they were headed to there church instead. Kilos looked devastated but next week he should be able to come. As we were leaving he yelled out to us, "Thank you for the best day ever!!" That was a testimony to me that even the little things we do can make a big difference for others.
We had Bernice come to church this week which was a MIRACLE. We have been inviting her since I got here but this is the first time that she has come. She was super nervous but it was such a great experience for her. 
We also were able to mow the lawn for another one of our investigators! It has been over 10 months since I have done that! I was a little rusty at first but it all came back to me quick. Fran made sure that we did everything very safely. Elder Liston was using the riding mower and Fran said he wasn't allowed to take it off the first speed. I think he topped off at 1 mph! Haha it was really funny. We were also able to have a really good lesson with Fran. She has been going through a hard time and she just broke down and started crying. We were able to comfort and we offered to give her a blessing. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood. The spirit was so strong as we gave her that blessing and I was able to feel just how much love our heavenly Father had for Fran. It was an eye opener to me that he has that love for every single one of his children. Every single person we see and talk to every day is loved more then we could ever imagine by our Heavenly Father. He has done so much for us and has loved us despite our imperfections so what room do we have to judge others for theirs? I know in all things we need to try to be like the Savior. To forget about our pride and see people as they truly are. I am so grateful for my mission and the things it has been able to teach me. Thanks for all that you do! Have a great week!

Farmer Jacob

Elder May, Kilos, Elder Liston

No comments:

Post a Comment