Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend! It was super rainy all day long out here. I was actually pretty disappointed. They didn't do anything too fun out here. I didn't see anyone out celebrating but that could have been because it was pouring rain outside. But we had another great week! On Wednesday we had to drive out to Pittsburgh for a meeting with the Mission President and a lot of other missionaries. It was like a 4 or 5 hour drive! But once we got there it was great. I love being able to be around President Johnson. He is an amazing person. After we went to his house and he had us play against his Ping pong machine again. It was super fun.
We had some awesome miracles happen this week! We were going to see one of our investigators Bernice. We were driving by here house to park and she saw us. She started waving at us and pointing at the parking spot in front of her house. We parked and when we walked up to her she started crying. She had been having a hard day and was having some problems. She said that she was hoping that we would come by and then she saw a car. We were able to help comfort her and testify of the power of the atonement and the love of Jesus Christ. By the end she was feeling so much better. I know that Heavenly Father is truly leading us and guiding us. He loves his children and he wants us to be there for others when they need it.

Later that week we were walking and a guy walked out of his car. We talked to him and he had actually been taught by missionaries before. He was willing to have us come back to teach him and his wife! We went and tried someone who wasn't home and we saw him just as we were about to get in our car and as he was walking inside. It has been so cool to exercise faith and to see miracles happen.

On Sunday we went to go teach Bernice again. We haven't taught her about the Word of Wisdom yet and during our lesson she told us how she decided that she was going to quit drinking Ice Tea and that she was smoking. She didn't eve know that was a requirement for Baptism. Elder Liston and I couldn't believe our ears!! We told her that in order for her to be baptized those were some things that she was going to need to give up! She has really been progressing. She has changed so much already! I can't say enough how much Heavenly Father is a part of this work.

Another Miracle that happened was we were sitting outside a Donut shop using their wifi. As were sitting out there, a lady walked up to us and handed us a box of 12 Donuts! She said that she had gotten them for us and she thanked us for what we were doing. If she wasn't a girl I would have thought for sure it was one of the three Nephites! Well I am loving every day out here and I love this chance I have to truly forget about myself and help others. I know that this life is meant for us to become like the Savior. I think of the love that he has for all of us and I hope that I can show a small amount of that love to others. Have a great week everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment