Monday, June 29, 2015


Hey! This has been another great week!! It hasn't been too humid this week so that has been nice to not sweat so much. Our mission president said that we could change our pday for next week to Saturday so we could enjoy the 4 of July! So that will be cool to really celebrate it out here in the East.
This week has been great like always! Monday we had a bbq at a member’s house for one of the missionarie’s bdays. We played some volleyball and had a huge water fight. I was the first casualty of the water fight, another missionary distracted me with a soccer ball while 3or 4 other missionaries dumped buckets of water on me. It was a well coordinated attack! This week has been very cool. We have been praying to find the people that Heavenly Father has prepared and who are ready to hear the
gospel.  After that we had 4 investigators drop us. So that just means we have to continue on our finding efforts and have faith. Tonight we have a lesson with someone we just met who is super open and receptive so we are excited for that. I know that there are people prepared no matter where you are in the world. So Elder Liston and I will have faith and miracles are going to happen. We also have a lesson with a brand new family we were able to find this week. They are an amazing family as well. We were on splits with the priests and one of the priests was able to help him fix his lawn mower. He was pretty
surprised when this 16 year old fixed his lawn mower like it was nothing I think that definitely helped for us to go see him again. I was also able to go on exchanges in Lancaster this week. I was able to go with a missionary who only has a couple of weeks left. I was able to learn a lot from him, especially about humility and how important that is. It was awesome. Sunday we made a deal with an investigator that if we went to her church she would come to ours. So we went to her church, and she wasn't even there!!  I guess she has problems making it to her own church. It was an interesting experience. They had a band playing and they were all getting pretty into it with all the hallelujahs and amens. I am grateful to be a member of our church :) I have been so blessed in this area. Elder Liston is one of my best friends. He is such a great example to me. We came out together so it is cool to talk about how we have changed and the experiences we have had. I know that this is Jesus Christ's church. I am grateful to be a part of it and to be able to serve him. I have never been happier in my life. Gods plan for us is to be happy, all we have to do is follow him and we will have true and lasting happiness. Thank you for all that you guys do!


No comments:

Post a Comment