Monday, July 27, 2015

This has been another great week! I can't believe that July is almost to a close! Time is just flying so fast out here. I love being a missionary and I love being here in Pennsylvania! It has been the greatest experience of my whole life and I am so grateful for the time I have left to serve the Lord.

This week we were able to do a good amount of service! We were able to mow two lawns for members and one of our investigators called us randomly and asked if we could help him move a mattress up the stairs. They are from India and they said that they didn't know who to call so they figured they would just give us a call! Well after a lot of hard work we finally got it up their stairs. It took every trick in the book but Elder Liston and I finally did it! They gave us some Indian lemonade afterwards... let’s just say it's not like American Lemonade haha. I don't know how they did it but it was spicy! Not what I expected haha. 

We were able to pick up a new investigator this week which is always awesome. It is so humbling to me to know that he has prepared people everywhere to teach and that these are his children who he loves so much. I think it is really important to remember that. Every person we talk to or pass outside is a child of God, and He loves them. Remembering that gives me the extra motivation I need to be a little kinder, or to look for opportunities to serve. As we do so we will notice an added measure of happiness in our lives.

We had an amazing lesson with Bernice this week. After she came to church she was a little concerned because she thought she didn't feel the spirit. She had always thought from the other churches she went to that the Holy Ghost felt like goose bumps and had made you want to jump up and shout hallelujah. We were able to explain to her all the different feelings that the Holy Ghost can bring and that it can be just a happy peaceful feeling. Well when we saw her on Saturday she was still struggling with that and she had some other crazy stuff going on in her life. We talked about trials and how just because we pray doesn't mean that he will take those trials away. But he will help you get through them. He will give you the strength you need and help you all that he can. We were able to testify to her that it will all be alright in the end. I know that is true. If we put our faith in our Savior we can also say with 100% confidence "It will all be alright in the end." Well after we left she called us. She told us that after we had left, she felt so much joy and happiness and peace. We asked her what she thought that was and she said she knew it was the Holy Ghost!! Heavenly Father is so aware of us and I can testify that is true. I hope you all continue to have a great summer and enjoy all the blessing you have in your lives!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment