Monday, August 3, 2015

Hey everyone! Life is going so great out here! It was in the 90's all week and at least 1000% humidity! I always thought that it could only go up to 100% but I no for sure it at least goes up to 1000% haha. We went and played soccer with some investigators Wednesday night and it was insane. I have never sweated so much in my whole life. But that is alright it is all part of the Pennsylvania experience!
This week has been so good. We have been able to teach a lot of our investigators and even get in with some that we haven't been able to see for a while. Domonic is doing great! We were able to see him twice this week and he is really growing and showing that desire to repent and be baptized. It is cool that this is such an important desire to him especially since he is only 14 years old. One night after we had seen him, he gave us a call. It was pretty funny because he asked us if after our next lesson with him if we could hang out for a little bit. He said we could play some video games or watch tv or play some basketball. We had to break it to him that we couldn't play video games or watch tv and he couldn't believe his ears! But we did tell him that we could play basketball with him so that was really fun.
The highlight of the week was getting a phone call from the missionaries serving in Wheeling right now. Elder Hoyt and I teaching a teenager our same age down there named Jasper. He is one of the coolest guys ever and probably knows more about the church than most members do. While teaching him I probably had some of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. He has had like 3 baptismal dates in the past and every time he backed away right before it happened. While we were teaching him he ended up moving to Maryland and that was the last we heard from him in a while. Well the Wheeling Elders called to tell me that Jasper had called and wanted to talk to Elder Hoyt and I to tell us that he had actually gotten baptized!! I couldn't believe it! I was so happy to hear one of my good friends made one of the most important decisions in his life. I found out his number and gave him a call. He is going to the temple this week and we are allowed to go with him since this is his first time. So I will be going to the DC Temple on Wednesday!! I am so excited to be going to the temple but more importantly to be going with someone who I truly care about and to see the happiness and peace that this will all bring to him. 
I know that this God's work and that it is rolling forward here in these last days. I am so happy to be apart of it. This life is not about us, no matter how much we think it is sometimes. This one of my favorite quotes:
 "The most worthy calling in life is that in which man can serve best his fellow man.... The noblest aim in life is to strive to live to make other lives better and happier." David O. Mckay
I know that is true. Look for ways to make someone else's life better today and you in turn will find your lives will be full of Joy and happiness. Thank you for all of the support! I hope everyone has a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment