Monday, May 9, 2016

Well this has been a pretty crazy week! My companion, Elder Slade, had some bad kidney stones so he had to go home. We dropped him off at the airport now I am in a trio with Elder Wood and Posada. They are awesome and we have been having a good time serving with each other! We are covering Both of our areas at the same time so that has been a little bit tricky, but we are making it work. I also got a call from President Johnson saying that I will be training. I am so happy about that! By the time I am through training here, I will have been in this area for 13 and a half months. President Johnson said that I broke the record for being in an area since he has been mission president. I am so happy to be in this area though, I love it with all of my heart!

This week we were able to see so many great things happen. The best part of the week was being able to talk to my family. They are the best and I am truly grateful for them. We were able to get a new investigator this week named Mike. At the beginning of the lesson he told us about how he didn't feel good about religion because it confused him. We taught the plan of salvation and by the end, he was talking about the peace he was feeling. It was awesome to see he spirit soften his heart.

We were also able to have a family home evening with Sister Etzi and her boyfriend Bill. When the missionaries first started seeing him, he didn't know about how he felt about us. But now it is like we are best friends. We usually play a little game and then share a spiritual message with them. Sister Etzi said she wanted to read about the first vision this time. As we read Bill was really interested. Sister Etzi bore her testimony and Bill said he wanted to know for himself as well! That was amazing, we will see what continues to happen with him.

We also got the feeling we needed to go knock on the door of a man named Don. He is the neighbor of some members and a really nice guy. When we knocked on the door he saw us and said he knew why we were there and everything. We just asked if we could do any service for him. He said he could really use some help with his lawn. His health has been really bad and he could not do it on his own. He kept saying how the timing of this was perfect! We have gotten a great relationship now. It was definitely the spirit that led us to him.

Well I just want everyone to know how much I love being a missionary. For the good times and the hard times. That is what sculpts us into what we are! Thank you for all of the support!

Elder May


District picture with Pres, Johnson



District pancake making in the mission home





No comments:

Post a Comment