Monday, November 17, 2014

Hey everyone!!
 I hope that everyone had a great week! Everything out here in Pittsburgh is going great! I love the people I meet out here! They are so fun to talk to! I am going to have lots of stories to tell by the time my two years are up.
On Tuesday Elder Taylor and I went out to teach Marlon and it was a really tough lesson... There were so many distractions. His mom was watching T.V and that was really loud and Marlon's Ipad kept freaking out on him so he was focused on that the whole time we were trying to teach him. It was a rough lesson but Elder Taylor and I were able to learn from it. Marlon is a super great guy and I really care about him. I don't know when he will be ready for baptism but we will keep teaching him and do our best to teach by the spirit when we are there.

On Tuesday we were able to teach Lamont as well. When we got there his mom was there this time and we invited her to come in for the lesson. She came in and joined us for the lesson and it was awesome!! We taught the Plan of Salvation and she was asking a bunch of questions and Lamont was saying that what we were teaching just made sense. At the end of the lesson she was saying how she had been looking for something different in her life. She said that she was looking for something different from what her church had to offer. We bore our testimony's about how we knew what we were teaching was true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. We invited her to come to church and she said that she would come with Lamont!! It was so sweet! She is humble and is super nice! I love that whole family

On thursday we were able to teach Billy again. He had been making some real progress with his faith and he comitted to pray and he said he was thinking that he might come to church again someday. But when we met him this week he was back to where he started. He said he just didn't know about religion anymore and that he didn't believe it. It was sad to hear but I was able to bear my testimony that I knew that Christ will one day come again. And that we will all stand before him to be judged and that whether or not he believed, it didn't change that it was going to happen. We have grown super close to Billy and he is still a super good friend. I know that he will come around eventually.

On Saturday there was a Stake youth activity at the church. They played a game called stump the missionaries. They had to bring a random Item from home and we had to somehow relate that item to a principle or scripture. It was really fun and we were able to relate all of them! I was pretty proud of ourselves haha.

Sunday was one of the greatest days ever. We called Sonja, who is Lamont's mom, and she didn't answer. So we didn't know what to do. But like an hour before church she called and said that Lamont couldn't come... But that her and her husband were going to be there! I was so pumped to hear that. Even though Lamont couldn't come she still wanted to come and she brought her husband.

At church we had Sonja, Lester, and Marlon there! I can't believe how much we have been blessed out here. I was sitting next to Lester and he kept nodding at things that were being said and he even was singing the hymns. After sacrament they had to leave, but they said that they were going to be back next week with Lamont as well, and we got a return apointment. This family is one of the nicest families I know and I know that they have been prepared by Heavenly Father.

In Sunday school we were learning about the pre earth life. I realized something that really stood out to me. When the Savior presented his plan, he said that he would come down and atone for the world and then give ALL the glory to the father. If he was willing to give all the glory to hevenly Father, then what were his motives in being the Savior of the World? The only reason he did was because of out of the love he has for every single one of us. I am so grateful for my savior an I know that he lives. I hope you all have great week!
Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment