Monday, November 10, 2014

Hey everyone!!
This week has been such an amazing week! There have been so many miracles that have happened!
Tuesday we really focused on talking to more people that we came into contact with. We were able to get to know so many new people and some people invited us to come back and visit them. 
Wednesday was an awesome day. I had one of the coolest spiritual experiences! We were teaching Lamont and it was an awesome lesson. The spirit was so strong as we talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and if we endure to the end, all of us have the opportunity to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again! We were going to ask him to be baptized, but we didn't for some reason. Both of us knew that was what the plan was and both of us didn't ask him. As we were leaving I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was bothering me so much. I knew that we were supposed to ask him to be baptized. As we were driving away I said to Elder Taylor, "I feel like we should go back and ask him to be baptized."
I thought he was going to think that I was crazy but he said he had just barely thought the same thing. So we pulled over to the side of the road and prayed about what we should do. I mean it is kind of different to knock on someone's door and just ask them to be baptized! But we prayed and we both knew that is what we needed to do.
So we drove back and knocked on his door. He was surprised to see us again. But Elder Taylor didn't wait he just said," Lamont, will you be baptized?"
The spirit was so strong when he asked that. He looked at us for a second and I told him that after we left that we felt like we needed to come back and ask him that. He is a spiritual guy and he believed that we were prompted to come back and ask him that. He said that he would pray about it and see how he felt. 
It was such an awesome experience to receive such a direct prompting from the spirit like that. I love knowing that it is God's work out here and so he will help and guide us so that we will be able to do the things that he has asked us to.
On Thursday we went to teach Marlon. His Mom even let us in the house this time! Usually we teach them on there porch. But I guess his mom believes we don't have Ebola so she was willing to let us in. It has been great getting to know her better and she is really starting to trust us and open up to us. I know that eventually she will feel the spirit and hopefully she will come to church with Marlon.
On Sunday we were in Mckee's Rocks which is where Lamont lives so we decided to stop by and share a quick mormon message with him. His mom was there and she hadn't seen us since we helped them move in a couple of months ago. But when she saw us she was so happy and was saying how glad she was to see us. So she was able to see the message as well and we all got to bear our testimonies afterwards. When we left I realized that I left my bag in their house. So we had to go back and get that... I have done that quite a few times. I need to keep better track of that thing.
I love being out here and being a missionay. In Helaman 5:6-7; it talks about how Nephi and Lehi were named after the original Nephi and Lehi. He says that he gave them those names so that they can remember the good works of those two. Then he challenges them to continually do good so that when people think of their names, they remember them by their good works. I challenge you to continually exercise your faith and do good works so that when people think about you and remember you, they remember you as someone who was faithful in all things, a disciple of Christ. 
I hope you all have a great week!
Elder May 

No comments:

Post a Comment