Monday, November 3, 2014

This was probably the best week so far!! It was so great. Elder Taylor and I have been truly blessed.
On Tuesday we were going to teach this single lady so we got a team up to go with us. His name is Brother Paul and he is this old guy in his 70's. So we got there and the lady had a note on her door saying that she was sorry but she couldn't be there today. So we decided to visit this Less active lady we saw in our area book. She lived in the projects and when we knocked on the door the person who answered said that she had moved to a different apartment complex. So we went around talking to all these people trying to figure out where she lived. It was pretty funny because Brother Paul was just treking around with us in this sketchier area. Two missionaries in suits and an old guy definitely looked out of place. People thought that we were the FBI haha. But the amazing thing was that we found this lady. We talked to people and then we got to the apartment complex she was in and we knocked on doors until we found her! She was super surprised to see us. She is from Sudan Africa and she loved the church. When she moved though the church lost contact with her and she was so happy when we showed up to see her. She was an awesome lady and said that she would be at church. So we got her a ride and everything. It was cool to see through perseverance that we were able to find her. She was so happy to see us and I know that the Lord was guiding us.
On Wednesday we taught Lemont! I love teaching him. He is so receptive to what we have to teach and he says that he wants to know for himself if what we are teaching is true. Which is exactly what we were going to tell him but he beat us to it. We invited him to church and he said that he would come. I love seeing the Lords hand in everything that we do. We found Lemont by helping his family move in to there house the first week I was there. I love knowing that we are out here doing the Lords work, not our own. We are his hands out here and we just need to listen to the Holy Ghost and to act on those promptings.
Thursday we had the opportunity to teach Billy again. I love teaching him. He is super nice to us. He has problems with faith and he says that he doesn't think that he can ever come back to the church. Elder Taylor and I were able to testify to him about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He had gone through some super hard things that really shook his faith. We told him that he didn't need to go through those things alone and that the savior was there for him. And that the savior is still there waiting for him. The spirit was so strong and he said he would pray this week which is something that he hasn't done for 10 years. 
I love seeing the power of the Holy Ghost. It isn't us that are the teachers. I am so grateful that it isn't just Elder May out there teaching. It would not be a good experience if it was. Through the power of the Holy Ghost anything can happen.
Sunday was the best day by far. Lemont and Marlon came to church. It was a testimony meeting and so many of the ward members testified of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon which is something that was perfect for Lemont. After church he said that he really liked it and that he hoped to come back. It was so awesome and I can't wait to teach him again this week. 
Marlon is still doing awesome! He is excited for his baptism and is willing to do what it takes to be ready for that. I love those two so much and when I think about the love that the savior has for them, and when I can feel a small portion of that love, it makes missionary work the greatest thing in the world.
As we were coming home from church Sister Kronk called and asked if we had dinner tonight and so she invited us over again. The Kronk family is amazing! They have dinner every sunday with all their kids and their grand kids and they invite us all the time. It is so fun to be with them all and they really make us feel like family. I just feel so at home all the way over here in PA! I love it out here.
I just want everyone to know that the church is true. I love going out and testifying to people of what I KNOW to be true. Every time I do it just strengthens my own testimony. 
Well I love all yinz n' that (There's a little Pittsburghese for you haha)
Love, Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment