Monday, November 24, 2014

Hey everyone!!

I hope that all is going well! I can't believe that it is already almost December. Thanksgiving this week and then Christmas coming up soon! It will be interesting to experience these holidays as a missionary! Elder Taylor and I have been blessed soooo much this week! It was incredible! The Lord is really preparing people out here and it is awesome to be a part of that.

On Tuesday our heater broke in our apartment! It was so cold!! I had my coat on and two pairs of socks on, including my wool ones! I thought we were going to die for sure! But luckily a repair guy came and saved us. We were almost running out of hot chocolate to drink. It was a close call but we made it. haha

 Later on in we were looking for a former investigator named Amy. We were walking down the street looking for her house when someone stuck there head out of the window of their house and said Hello to us and asked us how we were doing. As we talked to her we realized that it was Amy and that she had been the one to find us! That was super cool! She invited us into her house and we were able to talk to her for a little bit and we were able to teach her a lesson. She said that missionaries in the past had taught her and that she even had a baptismal date! But her husband didn't want her to, and said the missionaries couldn't come over. She said that she had gotten divorced to we could teach her now!! But Amy is so awesome! She was asking us questions like how much of the Book of Mormon we wanted her to read and if we could come see her again that week. And then to top it all off she said that she was thinking that she wanted to be Baptized!! I couldn't believe it. Usually we are the ones that are supposed to ask all those questions, but she was asking them to us! It was so awesome to see how the Lord prepares people! She is ready for the Gospel in her life right now! I am so grateful for the promptings of the Holy ghost and it's influence in our lives.

On Wednesday I was on exchanges with Elder Ginos! It was a pretty good exchange! He is a super hard working missionary! I really learned a lot from him! He did bite me a couple of times though... So I had to stay on my guard! I was tempted to sleep with a nerf gun under my pillow, but that wasn't necessary haha. On our exchange we went to visit this Potential investigator named Craig. When we walked into his house his living room wall blew me away. It was like the stroy of his life on his wall and he had glued things and drawn things all over it! I will have to send you a picture of it. But we taught Craig the Restoration. He said what we were saying made sense. I love teaching about Joseph Smith! I feel the spirit so strongly every time I do. I know that as a 14 year old boy he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for all that he did. Craig said that he would read and pray about the Book of Mormon! I can't wait to visit him again! He is super cool!

On Thursday we had probably the most spiritual lesson I have had so far! We were teaching Sonja, who is Lamont's mom. We were teaching her the restoration as well! We watched the restoration DVD and the spirit was so strong. I looked over at Sanja and she was crying during the First Vision! After the movie Elder Taylor and I shared our testimonies about the BOM and Joseph Smith! I love bearing my testimony because it is of what I know to be true. Know one can deny a sincere Testimony! Sonja shared some spiritual experiences she had that she hadn't even told her husband before! It was crazy that she trusted us that much to tell us them. Then she told us that before her and her family had moved, they had decided that they needed to find a different church to go to once they had moved. They had prayed about it and then while they were moving into their new house, Elder Taylor and I saw and helped them move in!! She said that they hadn't even moved into their new house before their prayers were answered. I hope that she can remember those experiences and feelings she had!

Well I hope that everyone has a great week and a wonderful thanksgiving. I love this time of year when we get to remember all that the Lord has done to bless us in our lives! He has done so much and when we realize that, we are so much happier in our lives. I know that this church is true and I love being a missionary! 

Elder May

 



No comments:

Post a Comment