Monday, February 9, 2015

This has been an amazing week out here in Wheeling! The work is picking up like crazy and it is so cool to see that as we work hard and be the most diligent we can, that Heavenly Father is just waiting to bless us with miracles.

So on Tuesday Elder Hoyt and I decided to contact this referral that we had received from this guy named Robert. He is probably in his late 70's and he is kind of starting to lose it a little bit. But anyways, he took us to the room of the referral, they lived in the same apartment building, for us to meet him. He knocked on the door and the guy opened it. He was an old guy too in an electric wheelchair. When he answered the door Robert was like, "Hey I brought some guys over to save your soul, and to make it so you can walk again." Right after that I was just thinking that this wasn't going to end well. The guy we went to visit just started yelling and swearing at Robert and Robert started yelling and swearing back at him. Things were starting to escalate, I knew it was only a matter of time before Robert got ran over by the guy in the electric wheelchair, so I grabbed him and pulled him out of the guys house just as he went to slam the door. It was pretty intense! I thought there was going to be an old man brawl for sure haha.

On Wednesday Elder Hoyt and I were looking through our former investigators and we decided to visit one of them named Jasper Grubb. As we were visiting other people throughout the day, we got a call from Jasper Grubb. We hadn't called him or texted him or anything, we were just going to drop by and see him. But he called us that same day and asked when the Book of Mormon class was. He said that he had felt like he should call us for a couple of weeks now he finally decided to. I told him how we had actually planned on seeing him that day and he couldn't believe it. He wanted to meet with us right then, so he decided that we should meet up at McDonald's. So we went to Mcdonald's and had a lesson with him. It was pretty cool having a lesson there, not going to lie haha. It is amazing to me to see how Heavenly Father works. He had been prompting us while he had been prompting Jasper. I know without a doubt that this is his work and the he is directing it.

Saturday was awesome! We were able to have a lesson with Paloma again and it went really well. We are learning how to teach her despite her not speaking very much English and It is going really well. She really opened up to us this lesson and told us some of the different trials that she has been going through. We were able to give her a blessing afterwards and she said she could just feel it working in her. It was an awesome experience.

After Sacrament meeting the sister's asked us to give some of their investigators a blessing. They are teaching the Young family and they are close to being baptized. They needed some help with not drinking coffee so we were able to give them a blessing for that and also for strength to make it to baptism. It was such a spiritual experience as we were able to give each of them a blessing. One of their sons Chris is in a wheelchair and he was telling me what he needed the blessing for. He told me for strength to quit coffee for comfort, and then he sat for a second and said, "And do you think that you could make it so that my legs will work again?" I didn't know really what to say haha, I guess I was supposed to heal someone and make them walk this week. But I was able to give him a blessing and it went really well as well.

I am so grateful for the priesthood and for the power that it has in each of our lives. I know that it has the power to bless us in our lives, but more importantly we have the opportunity to help and others and serve others the way Jesus Christ would. I know that he leads this church and we will all one day see him again. Thanks for all that you guys do!

Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment