Monday, September 14, 2015

Hey everyone! This has been such a good week! I hit my one year mark this week!! I can't believe it. One year down and one year to go! Also We picked up a new investigator this week named Tim. He is so cool and so prepared. He was sitting on his porch and so we decided to go talk to him. When we were talking to him he was like ,"So, do you guys believe that there are prophets on the earth today, not very many people believe that anymore."
Well he didn't know how good of a question that was and we were more than happy to answer haha. He really opened up to us. He is excited to come to church and to hear what we have to teach him. I love this work, Heavenly Father is so involved in all that we do.
So we had a pretty embarrassing experience this week. We were out walking and this super nice lady started talking to us. She was super cool so Elder Mills and I were all excited to start telling her about the restoration and what we do as missionaries. As we started talking to her about what we do she said that she was already a member of the church.... I was hoping that it was for a different ward but nope, she has been at church every single week I have been there. I told her that she got our hopes up, we were getting ready to baptize her and everything haha. But she gave us an apple and water so it was pretty cool.
We had a really humbling experience this week. We went to go see one of our investigators with a member but I guess she forgot and she was asleep. We were standing out by our car deciding who would should go see when her daughter came walking home. We asked if we could show her a video real quick and she was okay with it. We showed her a Mormon message and after she just broke down. She has had a drug problem and she had gone to jail for it in the past and tonight she was being really tempted to do it again. She said that as she was making the decision and trying to resist the temptation when she saw us standing there it was an answer to her prayers. If she would have relapsed she would have had her kids taken away and gone back to jail. I was just thinking about the impact we might of just had on this family. What if we hadn't been there? I don't think we know how much of an impact we can have on people’s lives out here. I know that it is not us but the spirit of God that they are able to feel as we testify of Christ. I know that God is in charge out here and he will guide us to where we need to be. I am humbled that I am out here and able to be a part of this work. Thank you for all of the support. 

Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment