Monday, September 21, 2015

Hey everyone! This week was a great week! On Monday we went to the York County fairs 250th anniversary. It was really cool and really fun. They had this petting zoo thing where you could come and see pigs and cows and horses. Everyone thought it was super cool, but I just remembered chasing them out of my yard all the time haha. I guess I wasn't as into them as everyone else was haha. We had the Patterson  family invite us over for dinner along with one of their neighbors who is a non-member. We had a great dinner with him and talked about family history. All this talk about family history made me wish that I actually knew how to do it haha. We had an awesome message about Christ from reading scriptures in the Book of Mormon. You could tell that it hit him. He has been coming to the Family History center to do his work now so that is awesome.
On Wednesday I was on an exchange with Elder Garduno who is a Spanish missionary. We spent the day teaching in all Spanish. I am still waiting for my 8th grade spanish to kick in.... I actually told someone "Si" in a lesson and I realized that was the extent of my Spanish knowledge haha. It was always awkward when someone knows you don't speak Spanish so they look at you and start saying things about you. Apparently one lady thought I looked like a little baby and just started talking about that haha. 
On Friday we had Elder Stanfill from the Seventy come and talk to us. He is an amazing man and is truly called of God. But he talked about how the Savior suffered for each of us as individuals. It wasn't just a blanket atonement. It was a personal, individual atonement. He not only suffered for our sins so that we can be forgiven, which I am eternally grateful for, but he suffered our pains, sicknesses, sadness, disappointments, everything, individually! He knows us perfectly because he felt everything. And I believe that we all were there with the Savior, that we each had our own personal moment with him while he was suffering for us. I am so grateful for him and to be able to serve him. I am grateful that I can be happy because of him and I have never been more happy in my life. Thank you for all of the support! Life is truly good.
                                         
Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment