Tuesday, October 6, 2015

So how awesome was General Conference!?? I loved it so much and I was able to learn so much. And can I say how much Elder Holland made me miss my mom! Man she is the best and I can't wait to see her again. Even though I have gotten really good at cooking my hot dogs in the microwave I can't wait for one of her meals again. I really love her :) I am grateful for prophets and apostles that lead and guide us. I felt so strongly that these men are called of God and I sustain them with all of my heart. This week was great! We were doing service for Fran, the one with the donkeys, and she said that she was looking through some her husband’s old stuff and she found out that he was baptized a member of the church a year or two before they got married and never told her. He had pictures of his baptism, his priesthood ordination certificate and everything! She loved her husband so much and now she is thinking about being baptized. It was so cool to see how the Lord waits until people are prepared. We have been doing service for her for a long time and she was ready that day. She watched general conference and everything. I am grateful for the gospel truths that we have of eternal families and I know as we teach her about that the Holy Ghost will touch her heart and she will know it is true. We also had a very humbling experience this week. We were doing service for one of our investigators and she found out that she had stage 6 cirrhosis of the liver... She doesn't drink or anything like that, it is just failing on her. She is not qualified for a transplant because she has had cancer in the past. She told us that she doesn't know what is going to happen in her life now. She told us she was grateful that she got to meet us and that we made a difference in her life. How do you respond to that? What do you tell someone to comfort them when they are going through that kind of pain? We testified of Christ and his infinite love, atonement and sacrifice. That is the source of all hope no matter what anyone is going through. It made me realize how important of a job we are called to do. We are Jesus Christ’s representatives to lift up the broken hearted and to comfort others the way he would. I know how inadequate we are to do this work but he will strengthen us and use us because he loves his children. This gospel is true and is an unfailing source of hope to everyone. Look around you, who can the savior bless by using you. I know the lord can use us to make a difference in someone else's life. I have seen it and am so grateful for this experience. Thank you for all the support you give to me! Have a great week!

P.S. The missionaries went to the trampoline park today, it was awesome! I even
learned how to do a backflip! Next step, doing one on the ground, I
will keep you informed haha.

Missionaries at the trampoline park

No comments:

Post a Comment