Monday, October 26, 2015

This was an awesome week! I had the opportunity to go on an exchange in an area where they use bikes! Believe it or not that was the first time I have ridden a bike in over a year! I was a little bit rusty at first but before long I was doing back flips off all the jumps we went on! Okay maybe I didn't do any back flips, and there weren't any jumps there in the city but it was super fun anyway. We had the opportunity to do some more service with our investigator Fran. She is one of my favorite people! She always has these hats picked out for us to wear every time we go over there to do some yard work. This time we mowed her lawn and we also had Sister Rosengrant come with us to help meet Fran and to fellowship her. It's been cool to see how our relationship has grown with her as we have been doing service with her. I know that Service truly softens hearts and hopefully Fran will decide to start taking the lessons from us again. We had a really cool experience this week! We were teaching an investigator named Nicole a while back. She was super cool and she said that she would be baptized. Well after that we weren't able to get in contact with her again. We tried stopping by a couple of times with no success. One time we went there and some guy slammed the door in our faces. So I figured that was the last we would see of her. But Elder Mills one night felt prompted to try and see her again. I thought he was crazy because we got the door slammed in our face last time but we went and tried again anyway. Well we got there and she was home! She had been in New Jersey or something for a month so that is why we weren't able to see her. We asked her how her Book of Mormon reading had been going and she said that she hadn't been able to read it. But that was because her husband had taken it on a road trip to Maine to read. She told us a spiritual experience she had while reading it and how she was willing to learn and that her husband was open as well. I am grateful that Elder Mills was willing to listen to the prompting that he received. We would not have had the awesome experience we did if he hadn't listened. I have a testimony that we are put in companionships for a reason, I am definitely grateful for all of my companions. I have seriously lucked out, all of my companions have been awesome! I am grateful to be out here. I know that this work is true and that Christ is the one leading and guiding it. I am truly grateful for the Savior. I am grateful for the true peace and joy that I feel through him. I am grateful for hope. That is one of my favorite words. I know that even I can have this hope through Him. Thank you for all that you do and for the support.
Elder May

Elder Mills, Fran, Elder May

Elder May

Python Skin

No comments:

Post a Comment