Monday, November 16, 2015

Man what a crazy week!! I have been in York, PA for about 6 months now! On Saturday I got a call from President Johnson that I would be getting transferred. The awesome part is that I am going back to Pittsburgh serving in the 6th ward. That is the same area that I spent the first 3 months of my mission now I get to go back!! I am so excited about it. I was just thinking the other day that I hoped I would get to serve there again at some point of my mission! The funny thing is I will be spending both of my Thanksgivings and Christmas in the same area. I am so grateful to be serving there again and I can't wait to go and serve the Lord with everything that I have.
This week was great. We were able to see a lot and teach a lot of people. The biggest blessing of this area has been the Grove family and Brother Hollinger. None of them have been to church in years, but they all have recently started coming back to church. It makes everything so worth it when you see the people you love choose to follow the Savior and to renew their covenants with Him. As they do so I have noticed a different light about them that wasn't there before. They are so much happier and optimistic about the things in their life. It is such a testimony builder to me of the truthfulness of this Gospel. I think of Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them."
I know that this church and Christ's Gospel is true. I know because of the happiness that I feel as I do my best to do as the Savior would do and live and serve the way he expects. And it has been amazing to see as a missionary that no matter what you have done, there is a way for anyone to come back and to feel of that love and joy again. Thank you for all the support out here. Pittsburgh here I come.

Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment