Monday, March 16, 2015

So the Highlight of the week.... Fernando was baptized! It was awesome! He is definitely one of the most prepared people to hear the gospel that I have ever met. He has some of the strongest faith and greatest humility that I have ever seen. It has been so cool to see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes people. He is so much more happy since we first started teaching him and he notices that in himself as well. Seeing the change that he has gone through and then seeing him baptized on saturday, really filled me with so much gratitude. I can't say how thankful I am to be out here, and how much I am able to learn every single day, especially from the people that we teach. I am so grateful to have been able to teach Fernando. Hopefully I can be a little more like him someday.
But this week we have stayed super busy which was great. The weather has been amazing as well! I even pulled out the short sleeve shirts a couple of days ago. The best part is the members don't get mad at me for not wearing my huge coat all of the time now haha. This one lady gave me two wooden tennis rackets so Elder Hoyt and I are going to play today!! I will try not to injure Elder Hoyt like I did Elder Taylor.
We taught Josh on Wednesday and Friday this week. He is so awesome!! Every single time we teach him I am so humbled and grateful that we have an investigator like him. We taught him tithing and the Word of Wisdom this week. Usually those lessons are ones you don't know how they are going to respond to. But Josh didn't have any problems with anything on the W.O.W and he was asking us when and how he could pay his tithing before we even taught him about it. We seriously have been so blessed out here to be teaching the people that we are.
Sunday Fernando was confirmed and I was able to give the priesthood to the Sister's investigator that I baptized a couple of weeks ago. That was really cool because now I have baptized him, confirmed him, and given him the Priesthood. He is the one with one leg, and he is one of the funniest people that I know. On Thursday we are having a tie-tying lesson with him. Soon his ties will almost be looking as good as mine haha.
Well thank you for the support that everyone gives to me. If you are thinking about going on a mission, DO IT! You will not regret it. I have been so happy out here and I can constantly see the Lord's hand in my life strengthening me and helping me do things that I would not be able to do on my own. I know that this is where I am supposed to be serving. I love it every day out here. I know that Jesus Christ lives and because he lives, we have everything in our lives. Turn to him for everything, he is waiting with outstretched arms.
Elder May

Elder May and Fernando

Sister Missionaries, Fernando, Elder May, Elder Hoyt

No comments:

Post a Comment