Monday, March 30, 2015


This has been the greatest week ever!! I can't even express my gratitude for our Heavenly Father! Thomas and Josh both got baptized on Saturday! I was able to baptize Thomas and Elder Hoyt baptized Josh. I still can't believe it. They are both so awesome! Josh kept saying over and over how he had never felt anything like this before and when he walks into the church it is like nothing else in the whole world matters. By teaching Thomas I have really come to recognize the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is a real power and only through it can we be cleansed from sin. The only thing is that it cleanses us from anything! The power of the Atonement is so real and being able to be out here and experience that first hand has been the biggest blessing of my life so far.
On Sunday Josh and Thomas were able to be confirmed. I was able to confirm Josh and Brother Orum confirmed Thomas. It has been so cool being able to use the Priesthood so much in this area. After church Fernando was given the Aaronic Priesthood. While we were sitting at church and I looked over at our row and I saw Fernando, Josh, Thomas, and a Less Active we have been working with named Kevin. It was so humbling to see all of these people that have changed their lives through Christ and that Elder Hoyt and I are lucky enough that we have a loving Heavenly Father that gracious enough to let us be a part of it. These people have been so prepared by the Lord. Elder Hoyt and I didn't do anything, I am just so grateful that Heavenly Father has let me be a part of the work here in Wheeling WV. I can testify that he loves us so much. More then we can ever know. It is a perfect love that is always there no matter our choices, which I am so grateful for.
On Friday we were able to go see a LA family named the Grows. She said that she used to have missionaries over all the time and that she even had a special "missionary" cabinet. I looked inside and it was just full of cereal, twinkies, chips, granola bars,cookies, and the best part, fruit snacks! I was in heaven. I decided that I really like missionary cabinets haha. Between 
all the pie and now this family we visit now, who knows what I am going to look like when I leave this area! We were able to show them the Because He Lives video and she said that she had to start thinking about baseballs in the middle of it so she wouldn't cry. That wasn't the response I was expecting but hey, at least she felt the spirit. Hopefully we can go see them again this week.

I hope you all have an amazing week, especially with conference coming up. Something that has been really cool that I have been able to do is to bring a question into conference and faith, and that question will be answered. You should all definitely try it! I know with all sincerity of heart that this is Christ's church. We are so blessed to be a part of it. We can all play a part in helping it progress in the little things that we do. Thank you for all of the support.
Elder May



No comments:

Post a Comment